Sunday, February 20, 2011

Welcome

Greetings and salutations, fellow travelers!

I have been a horror fan for as long as I can remember.  As a child, I loved Scooby Doo but was always a little disappointed that the ghosts and monsters turned out to be some guy in a rubber mask after a pile of money.  As I got older, I found the real thing, the true horror which cannot be easily explained away.  And I loved it.

To be clear, this blog will not focus on just the Alien film or franchise.  I just happen to think Alien is as close to the perfect horror film as possible.  I will cover any and all horror films that strikes my fancy: maybe not the best, maybe not the newest, maybe even some that you personally wouldn't consider horror films.

You don't have to agree with my opinions, but I do ask that you back up your arguments.  Despite "common wisdom", I know horror fans are intelligent and well-spoken people.  Please think of my cyberspace version of the Nostomo as a place to gather around the table and discuss the day...until one of our members gets a stomach ache.

No comments:

Post a Comment